- Must be a female student attending CSUSM who will be a full time junior, senior, or graduate student in the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Must have a minimum 2.80 GPA
- Must not be affiliated with NCWIN or its members.
- A 2018-2019 FAFSA must be on file with the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office and applicants must have financial need, as determined by the Financial Aid/Scholarship Office.
- Essay. Submit an essay with your impression/interpretation of the following quote (3 to 5 paragraphs):
"You have to imagine it possible before you can see something. You can have the evidence right in front of you, but if you can't imagine something that has never existed before, it's impossible." – Rita Dove
Questionnaire. Please answer the following 3 questions:
A: How do you envision your major as contributing to your life goals? (1-2 paragraphs)
B: If selected for this scholarship, how would you use this money? (1 paragraph)
C: Tell us about a situation in your life where you may have faced your greatest challenge and how you moved beyond it…(2-3 paragraphs)
An unofficial academic transcript is required, along with a screenshot of your current fall semester class load. Transcript(s) must include all classes taken as a college student.
Name the file with these application requirements: lastname_firstname_application.
Acceptable file types: Microsoft Word or PDF format (.docx, .doc, .pdf). Please submit your file as one of these accepted formats when prompted to avoid having your submission disqualified. Please label each page with your name, phone and email address. Incomplete applications will also be disqualified.
Please send any issues regarding submitting your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete online Applicant and Supplemental Information as prompted below. Please note this form does not allow you to save your information to be completed at a later time.